Wednesday 14 January 2009

Fatty fatty boom boom!

Over the holidays I really have let myself go -  not checked my weight but for the first time I've got the measuring tape out and... well, I could give pregnant women a run for their money!
I've made stupidly drastic promises to myself a couple times to stop eating, but I just love food too much, even worse I've convinced myself that I can cook, so no wonder I'm in serious trouble.

So how am I going to get out of this?

Jogging.

Exercise is the only way. Luckily my appetite is not in the Michael Phelps territory so I can have a way more modest regime. However with me it never gets to be simple, even though I know simple=best. I've decided to get motivation through the nike+ system for my ipod. It's pretty cool, just add a sensor to the trainer and plug in the receiver and it tracks your distance covered - no need for clicky wheels on sticks from primary school, magic!
(There was no way I was going to buy special nike shoes just for this, I'm a Reebok man :P So I found a nifty little trick to get past this, by slipping the sensor into the tongue of one trainer and sewing it close with some nice orange thread, thanks instrucables!)

Anyway I like the system, but the best thing of all has to be the mini character I got to make through the web application. He's all animated and looks almost as cool as me (my eyes aren't THAT messed up). At the moment he's not to please since I've not kept up the regular routine since last week, but after todays measuring tape revelation I'll make him happy again in the morning. Facebookers can see if I do any better, hopefully friends can guilt me into action if I don't make miniMe happy.

Running on disused railway tracks and up hills isn't an easy start, a nice even flat surface would be nice, but these are the valleys so I'll have to follow Calzaghe's lead, while trying not to lose Dewi in the process.

Hopefully I'll have news of ideas finally sketched for the next post... healthy mind, healthy body (I need to get both in shape!)

No comments: